TSTM, Inc. offers a limited warranty on its VT Packs™, VT Pucks™, VersaPacks™, AccuPacks™, PowerPacks™ and PowerPucks™ (transformer-based products) subject to the following conditions:
TSTM, Inc. warrants its transformer-based products against defects in materials, workmanship, and certain field hazards for a period of ten (10) years from the date of proper installation or eleven (11) years from date of manufacture, whichever comes first. Effective July 1, 2018, for products shipping after that date, the warranty against electrical failure from covered field hazards can be extended to 15 years from date generated by TSTM’s automated test equipment, or date of sale, whichever is earlier, by the following:
• New or existing customers who wish to take advantage of the extended warranty must provide TSTM with high definition digital photographs showing the TSTM product wiring connections, including at the meter or other device connection terminals, to ensure correctness of wiring and the absence of multiple or improper grounding for the first (or next, in the case of existing customers) five installations. The number of required installations may be increased at TSTM’s sole discretion if improper wiring, application or grounding issues are noted or suspected. An onsite visit by TSTM may also be required.
This warranty is not applicable outside the United States or Canada unless specifically authorized in writing. To qualify for this limited warranty, the transformer-based products must be installed according to TSTM, Inc.’s installation instructions and application guide.
In the event a covered claim arises under this limited warranty, TSTM, Inc. shall, at its sole discretion, either (a) replace the defective/damaged transformer-based products or (b) refund the purchase price to either the authorized distributor or end user, whichever is less. In no event shall TSTM, Inc. be responsible for installation, mileage, or other change-out costs.
THIS WARRANTY SETS FORTH TSTM, INC.'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ITS PRODUCTS. TSTM, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL LOSSES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER SHALL BE AS SPECIFIED HEREIN. TSTM, INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER OCCASIONED, WHETHER BY NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE. TSTM, INC. MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TSTM, INC. DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PARTY TO MAKE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND ON ITS BEHALF AND THE PURCHASER OF TSTM, INC.'S PRODUCTS SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANYONE MAKING ANY SUCH WARRANTY.
Improper application – Use of the transformer-based products on burdens and/or voltages that exceed the nameplate ratings and specifications. Failure of a 2:1 or a 4:1 transformer-based product on 480-volt three wire delta applications as the result of the “ungrounded wye-delta phenomena” and/or “ferro-resonance” IS warranted. In addition, the 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 2.4:1 or 2.5:1 transformer-based products IS warranted due to failures caused by lightning. Use of multiple and/or inappropriate grounds on the transformer-based products voltage circuit(s) is considered a misapplication and may result in premature failure in the event of a fault due to lightning, circulating currents or other destructive transients!
• Water – Submersion or introduction of water or water based liquid.
• Improper wiring – Including reversal of primary and secondary connections.
• Vandalism –
• Physical damage – Including impact with moving vehicles, structural collapse and damage to externally mounted units caused by livestock.
• Heat – including damage caused by loose connections, overloaded transformers, circulating currents as the result of multiple grounds, etc. Damage caused by high ambient temperatures (with exclusions as noted above), and/or heating due to exposure to the sun, IS warranted.
• If a warranty claim is submitted under the terms of the Limited Warranty, TSTM, Inc. reserves the right, at its own expense, to examine the site(s) to determine whether installation has been properly made prior to granting a refund. TSTM, Inc. reserves the right to suggest changes to the installation practices to achieve performance.
For a period of one year from date of installation according to proper diagrams (including the use of single point grounding where appropriate), TSTM, Inc. warrants that the 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 2.4:1 or 2.5:1 transformer-based products with a catalog number preceded by an “A” will operate with the current version of the three-phase “under-glass” TWACS® AMI system by Aclara, Inc. The use of either 2:1 or 4:1 transformer-based products on 480/277 volt 4-wire wye applications is excluded. The remedy for non-performance is limited to the refund of the purchase price to either the authorized distributor or end user, whichever is less. If a warranty claim is submitted under the terms of this portion of the Limited Warranty, TSTM, Inc. reserves the right, at its own expense, to examine the non-performing site(s) to determine whether installation has been properly made prior to granting a refund. TSTM, Inc. reserves the right to suggest changes to the installation practices to achieve performance.
This limited warranty only covers products shipped 7-1-2018 or thereafter. Limited warranty terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
All warranty claims must be submitted in writing within the limited warranty period to TSTM, Inc., for approval, at 2900 West Sencore Drive, Suite 100, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57107. Warranty claims must be submitted no later than 90 days from date of discovery of defect/damage. The following information must be submitted with the warranty claim: Name and address of claimant, product serial number (if product is serialized), date of purchase, date defect/damage was discovered, and description of defect/damage. TSTM, Inc. will advise the claimant, within a reasonable time, of its position with respect to the warranty claim. In the event transformer-based products is to be returned to TSTM, Inc. under this limited warranty, the transformer-based products returned must be suitably packed and shipped. The claimant will be responsible for paying the cost of transporting the transformer-based products to TSTM, Inc. Upon receipt of the transformer-based products, TSTM, Inc. will replace the defective/damaged transformer-based products, return shipping prepaid and allowed, or refund the purchase price of the defective/damaged transformer-based products, if found to be covered under the terms of this limited warranty.